> On 5/15/07, Bryan R Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> snip
>>
>> It worked!  Sort of...
>>
>> According to the camel book, "use lib" looks for "$dir/$archname/auto", but
>> $archname isn't defined and I don't know what it's supposed to be...
>>
>> How can I find out what it's supposed to be?
>
> You don't, you just set it to /home/user/perl and it looks in the
> normal subdirectories (that is what $archname/auto means).
>
> use lib '/home/user/perl';

That doesn't sound right -- from the book:

**************************************
Parameters to use lib are prepended to the beginning of Perl's search path.
Saying use libLIST is almost the same as saying BEGIN { unshift(@INC,LIST)
}, but use libLIST includes support for platform-specific directories. For
each given directory $dir in its argument list, the lib pragma also checks
to see whether a directory named $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so, the
$dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding platform-specific
directory, so is added to @INC (in front of $dir).

I definitely want this, because I have different platforms (os x, linux,
irix) running this script and I'd like them to use the module binary
corresponding to it...

Anybody know how I can make that work?

- B