Ben Edwards wrote:

Ime a bit confused about globals, I know they should be used with care but....

Currently I am using $::var witch seems to work.

There's no reason to use $::var - it's the same as $main::var so use that
if it's what you mean.

'our var' also seems to work.

Work how?

Cant find any documentation with a discussion of this that answerers
my question totally.

And that question would be...?

what is the conversion with globals?

I can't imagine what you mean by this. There is no conversion.

What are you trying to do Ben? It's actually quite unlikely that you need
'global' variables (by which you mean package variables) at all. What can't
you do if you declare everything using 'my'?

Rob