On May 29, 10:16 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Dixon) wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> I agree with you Brian. I have been posting on this list for around four
> years, and rarely have I seen 'help' that is expressed with such vitriol
> as Paul's has been.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way, Brian.  My responses are intended
to match the attitude of the poster.  When the poster starts off a
thread by implying that the documentation is worthless, and that his
superior programming and debugging skills are going to be of far more
use to a new programmer, I tend to lose respect for him.  When he
continues the thread by refusing to point out *what* is wrong with the
docs, only asserting that they are "provably unhelpful", and then
stating that he has not the time to "rewrite them", I lose all
respect.  When he continuously asserts that a built-in function
"doesn't work", but refuses to show any code to support this
assertion, we sink into the negative, and it becomes blatant dis-
respect.

Yes, my attitude in response is more blatant and obvious.  I don't
hide how I feel behind polite-sounding words.  That doesn't make the
attitude itself any different than the OP's.

Paul Lalli