Hi all. I have a problem that _must_ have a very simple solution (that I can't find).

I use the module Getopt::Long to read arguments, one of which is a file path that may have spaces. The path string that is returned from Getopt has spaces without escape chars. The string seems to be fine for Perl use, but not so great for other things, such as the Shell module, which can't handle the spaces.

I have to assume that paths can be converted easily for use in shells and such, without resorting to RegEx. Any ideas?

Mike