Chas Owens wrote:
On 6/20/07, Paul Lalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
This might not be necessary for the RDMS you use, but I generally end
my database-driven scripts with this block:

END {
   if ($?) {
        print "Exiting with error, rolling back data!\n";
        $dbh->rollback();
   } else {
        print "Exiting successfully, committing data\n";
        $dbh->commit();
   }
   $dbh->disconnect();
}
snip

The rollback and commit methods will only have an effect if you have
set AutoCommit => 0 in the hash you call the connect method with.
Otherwise you will get a "commit ineffective with AutoCommit" or
"rollback ineffective with AutoCommit" warning.

Thank you all,

I tried all the suggestions but the update is not effected.

I will be glad for futher assistance.

Goksie