From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: June 22, 2007 8:35:43 AM EDT
To: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DELIVERY FAILURE: Delivery time expired

Your message

  Subject: ***SPAM*** Re: still working with utf8

was not delivered to:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

because:

  Delivery time expired

Reporting-MTA: dns;ObjectOrbmail.ObjectOrb.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action: failed
From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: June 22, 2007 8:35:43 AM EDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], beginners@perl.org, "Mumia W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Beginners List" <beginners@perl.org>

Yes, be prepared for the fact that not all foreign languages will
support the concept of spaces between words. I don't know anything about Japanese, but I do vaguely remember from high school that, for Chinese
texts, there are often no spaces between words and the reader's
knowledge of the language allows him or her to infer the word separations.

So the chinese might have a sentence like:
thequickbrownfoxjumpedoverthefence
and it's up to you, the reader, to figure out where the spaces are?

However, even without knowing Japanese, we might be able to help you
find acceptable solutions. What is your program supposed to do?

Well, for phonetic, character based langauges it's trying to do
something like:
while($string=~/(\w+)/g) {
  push @array, $1;
}