On 6/27/07, Ken Foskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 08:11 -0500, Daniel W. Hurn wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to examine/parse a file within a
> jar file?

jar is a java file and I think it is simply a zipped file.
snip

I can confirm that all three levels of Java archives (jar, war, and
ear) are just renamed zip files.  It looks like
Archive::Zip::MemberRead* can give you transparent (to Perl) access to
a file inside a zip file.

* http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Archive-Zip-1.20/lib/Archive/Zip/MemberRead.pm