On 7/1/07, Mathew Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem didn't surface until I went from using the %tikSubj hash seen near
the top of the code snippet to a multi-level hash.  But then, using %tikSubj
presents its own bug for some reason.

One tricky bit about using formats is that the variables you're
interpolating into a format have to be in scope when the format is
compiled. If there's no lexical ("my") variable of the given name, the
format uses the global of the same name.

That doesn't seem especially likely with the given source code,
though. Have you tried using the debugger? And you are using both
"strict" and "warnings"?

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training