Hello everyone.

I am relatively new to Perl and this is my first
attempt at installing a module. I am using ActiveState
v.5.8.8.

I downloaded and installed Bill Birthisel's
Win32::SerialPort and Win32API::CommPort (Ver 0.19)
modules per the instructions. The installation appears
to be gone OK but when I run my script, I get the
following error message.

Can't locate Win32/API.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at C:\serial.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\serial.pl line
12.

Evidently the API.pm does not come with the standard
Perl installation so I downloaded that too and
attempted to install it using ppm.bat with the
following results.

ppm> install c:\temp\Win32-API-0.41\API.pm
Searching for 'c:\temp\Win32-API-0.41\API.pm' returned
no results. Try a broader search first.

Can anyone please advise on what I need to do next?

Thanks in advance.

Amad.

P.S. FWIW, I am using the "Perl Black Book" to find my
way around...