On 7/5/07, herostar1981 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What trouble? Are you saying that $kml printed to a file is
> different than $kml rendered in a web browser, or what?

yes, they are different. I don't know how to describe it..

Try this just before you print the variable, to the screen or to the file:

   my $kml_len = length $kml;
   print "The kml variable is $kml_len characters long.\n";

Does it give the same answer before you print to the screen as it does
when you print to the file? If it's 12345 bytes one time, it should be
the same every time, unless the code generating $kml is doing
something different.

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training