On 7/5/07, Dan King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am attempting to install DBD::Oracle for Perl. I am having some
difficulties though. During the make test procedure a number of my
tests fail. One of them is the 10general.t test.

It fails on lines 31 and 32 which has

is system("exit 1;"), 1<<8, 'system exit 1 should return 256';
is system("exit 0;"), 0, 'system exit 0 should return 0';

The errors states that both lines return a value of -1 instead of 256
and 0 respectively.

This doesn't look like a problem with Oracle, but instead a problem
with perl or your OS.

Could there be a program on your system with the unfortunate name of 'exit'?

Could your perl binary be misconfigured? Did it pass all tests before
installation?

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training