Running Perl on WinXP

I would like to read the subdirectories and their respective files, that
I have on my F: drive.  They are arranged hierarchically, with a
directory for each year, each of which contains a directory for each
month, each of which contains files named for days.  Like this:

F:
   2005
       Jan2005
           01-01-2005.txt
           01-03-2005.txt
       Feb2005
           02-01-2005.txt

and so on.

F: contains four directories:  2005, 2006, 2007 and Students

There are also a few odd files stored directly in F:  I am not
interested in reading those, or doing anything with them.  The problem
is, they too get read and listed by my code.  Here's what I have so far:

my $line;    # this is for use later, to read the contents of each file
my $herenow;
# my @linelist     # also for use later

use Cwd;

chdir 'F:/DICTATIONS' or die "$!";
$herenow = getcwd;                         # check to see "where I am."
print $herenow;

opendir TOTALHANDLE, "." or die "Couldn't open the specified directory: $!";

while ($yearly = readdir(TOTALHANDLE)) {
        print "$yearly \n";
        opendir YH, "F:/DICTATIONS/$yearly" or die "Couldn't open the
specified directory: $!";
        while ($monthly = readdir(YH)) {
                print "$monthly \n";

And here's the output of the above code [my comments are in square
brackets]:

C:\DATA\computer stuff\PerlStuff>perl -w ExtractPatients2.pl
F:/DICTATIONS.
.
..
Students
2005
2006
2007
..
[the assortment of odd files listed here]
NonTextDictations [a directory inside F:]
Students
.
..
[list of files inside F:\DICTATIONS\Students]
2005
.
..
January2005
February2005
March2005
April2005
May2005
June2005
July2005
August2005
September2005
October2005
November2005
December2005
2006
.
..
January2006
February2006
March2006
April2006
May2006
June2006
July2006
August2006
September2006
October2006
November2006
December2006
2007
.
..
January2007
February2007
March2007
April2007
May2007
June2007

C:\DATA\computer stuff\PerlStuff>

I want to list only the monthly subdirectories inside each yearly
subdirectory inside the directory DICTATIONS on F:.  I don't want the
assorted "loose" files that are stored directly on F:, outside of a
subdirectory.  And I can't understand why they are getting listed here,
if my working directory is set properly to F:\DICTATIONS (which I think
it is) and not to F:\

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

--Chris