Inventor wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make a perl module with an array of hashes as the data
structure, but I am having trouble with the references.  I have
declared the data structure in the constructor as follows:

    my $self = ({});

  my $self = [];

and blessed it with:

    bless ($self, $class_name);

but when I try to access the array of hashes, for example with:

        $self->[$index]{'team1'} = $words[0];

# This will work even if you don't put any hashes in the array. If the hash doesn't exists, Perl will create it.

the program gets a run-time error, and I don't know which error
message it is because the module is used in a CGI program and I don't
know how to get at the error messages.  What should i do?  Am i doing
it all wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Inventor

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
  Aristotle