Mike Blezien wrote:

we have been using the "Disposition-Notification-To: <from> in the mail header("Request Read Receipt") to be notified when an email has been received, but this does require the recipient to respond Yes or No to send response.

I was just wondering if there was another way to track a mailing to see if it was read, automatically or other means of tracking email that has been received/read without the recipient intervention?

Are there any type of Perl Mail modules that can do this, we use MIME::Lite, among some of the other more popular modules, but haven't come accross a programable way of doing this. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

You're asking how to spy on people. Can't be done. Shouldn't be done.

Rob