Dear Perl experts,

Some time ago I wrote a Perl script that combines the output values of a
lot of simulation runs. Because there are so many, I could some quite some
time if the script would run a bit faster. (I have the feeling it is
quite slow like it is).

Perhaps somebody has a tip to make it a bit faster without complicated
changes? Thanks in advance.

Here's the script: http://traplas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/traplas/
trunk/analyze.pl?revision=807&view=markup

Here's an example output file of my simulator (I have thousands of
these): http://pastebin.ca/624474

And here's how I run it:
$ time ./analyze.pl traplas-example output
...<snip>
Directory /tmp: 1 good and 0 bad simulation runs. at ./analyze.pl line
546.

real    0m1.106s
user    0m1.012s
sys     0m0.011s

For such a small file (86 lines) over 1 second is a bit slow isn't it?

Thanks again,
JeeBee.