In studying network programming (and I'm just beginning at it), I see
where listen() is called to set up a socket that waits for incoming
connection requests.  The next step appears to be a call to accept()
where the request is granted and the connection made on a new socket,
as in this code snippet:

listen(SOCK,SOMAXCONN);

while(1) {
    next unless my $remote_addr = accept(SESSION,SOCK);
    ...additional code here
}

Disregarding any limitations of this code, do I understand that
accept() spawns another socket with the file handle of SESSION?

I presume this allows SOCK to go back to listen()ing, and since
SESSION is already in use, another connection might not be possible
until SESSION is closed...am I getting ahead of mysefl?

Thanks