I think that Rob was onto something, here is my 2 cents.

The print line should be like this:

 print <<EOF

and not

print< < EOF

like you have.  I think maybe that what is happening is that the error that is being printed is saying that it cannot find “<space>EOF” before end of file.  Put the space between the word print, and remove the spaces between the << and EOF, then ensure you don’t have a space or a tab or control characters before or after the EOF and it should work.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hood
RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer)
C |EH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
Linux Systems Administrator
An advantage to the "release early and often" paradigm is that bugs can be discovered faster. The disadvantage is that you may cause things to go down... sometimes in a very, very bad way.