Nice!
Thanks,
jlc

-----Original Message-----
From: Chas Owens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:24 AM
To: Joseph L. Casale
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Rounding and Subs

On 7/24/07, Joseph L. Casale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have two questions, is it correct to execute subs like this:
> Sub_1 (sub_2))? I am trying to pass the return value of sub_2 into sub_1.
>
> Also, I have been looking at perldoc etc to limit the # of digits returned
> after a decimal, it looks difficult? Am I overlooking a simple method?

Yes, a subroutine call is an expression, so it can be used as an
argument to another subroutine.  There are several ways to round a
number, the easiest (especially if you don't care how it is rounded)
is to use sprintf or printf:

perl -e 'printf "%.2f\n", 100.12345'

You can find out more about the formating specifiers in perldoc -f sprintf