From: Mr. Shawn H. Corey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 July 2007 03:10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: perl IDE

Tony Heal wrote:
> I am looking for a good IDE for perl, I have eclipse and one of it's
> plugins, but I am wondering if I a spinning my wheels trying to set this
up when there may be a better alternative.

Sorry, Perl is old school.  The favourite IDE of most Perl programmers is
(g)vi(m) or emacs.  Basically, you use an text editor to create and modify
your program; then you run it.  Even programs with many modules are easy to
keep track of because there are no header files, no make files, and no
linkage.  Well, OK, there are linkages but they're maintained within the
Perl program (or its modules).

The best IDE for you is your favourite text editor.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing
them."
  Aristotle

This e-mail is from the PA Group.  For more information, see
www.thepagroup.com.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.  Only the addressee is
permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this email or any
attachments.  If you have received it in error, please contact the sender
immediately.  Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender
and may not reflect the opinion of the PA Group.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or
monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.