Hi, I am trying to install DBD::Oracle in a Linux 64
bit machine but facing problem and not sure what i am
doing wrong. make looks ok, but when I run make test I
get this.
---------------------------
t/01base................Failed to load Oracle
extension and/or shared libraries:
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'/usr/perl/src/src/DBD-Oracle-1.19/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
for module DBD::Oracle:
/usr/Linux/perl/src/src/DBD-Oracle-1.19/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory at
/usr/perl/perl-5.8.3/lib/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm
line 229.
 at (eval 3) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't
installed where expected

For rest of the tests I get almost same output. Also I
checked, Oracle.so in that give directory. I am
wondering what causing this problem? One thing I
should note though, oracle client that is installed in
this machine, is the basic installation not the full
installation. Could it be the reason? Any one else
experience this issue before? I am kind of suck on
that one, any help will be appreciated. Thank you