yitzle> I enjoy programming. I like learning new languages. I started
yitzle> tinkering with Perl, because I always heard of 'scripting languages'
yitzle> but never used one. So I started using Perl. I guess you could mark it
yitzle> as 'hobby'.

But it's not just a scripting language.  It's a full-featured enterprise-ready
language as well.

When people think "scripting language" they think "1 to 100 lines".  Sure,
Perl covers that area well, but Perl also covers "100 to 10000 lines with
teams of programmers" well.  This puts it squarely out of the "scripting
language" category, and into the "enterprise application" category.  But
actually, it's both. :)