On Aug 9, 5:13 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Minky Arora) wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I have a problem and I need some ideas to put me on the right track to
> form an algo:
>
> I have four 8x12 arrays (Arr1,Arr2, Arr3,Arr4) and ONE 16x24 (ARR5) array.

Please define "I have". You are not talking about arrays in Perl are
you?

In Perl arrays will have names starting with @ and are single
dimensional and of dymanic size.

I you are sating that you actually have the input in 4 Perl AoAs then
show us.

> Now these four arrays are formatted in a particular way by a robot(
> these are actually plates with wells ..I am dealing with
> Bioinformatics)

> I need to write a perl script to automate the reformating of these
> four arrays into the one larger array.I knw the pattern that it has to
> follow, for example Arr1[1][1] ->ARR5[1][2] and so on.
> Given a pattern is there a good programming practice to automate the
> process?

Probably. Given a pattern. But we haven't been given a pattern.

> Of course I can run loops and make it messy.

Boggle!

> Many thanks in advance,

Please try to describe what you have and what you want to do. Then
read it back to yourself. Think: "if I didn't already know what I was
doing would I be able to work it out from what I've written". If the
answer is "no" (as it would be for the OP) then refine your
description. Repeat as necessary.