>> I get it now, I think.   I'm not sure why you put "my $i = 5" in there,
>> since that's unrelated to the $i of the closure.

Chas> The" my $i = 5;" was to show that the two variables named $i were
Chas> indeed in different scopes.  The expected out was 0 through 3.  I
Chas> probably should have put some comments in explaining that.

Yeah, I was thinking that you were thinking that you got 5, 6, 7, 8 out
of that.  Hence the "broken".  Comments would have helped, definitely.