On 8/22/07, Octavian Rasnita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a program that connects to a remote Oracle database and then
> make it a .exe Windows executable.
>
> Is it possible to make it not depend on Oracle's client?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Octavian

Yes, but it would be a lot of work, slow, buggy, and a complete waste
of your time.  It is better to either distribute the Oracle client
libraries or require that your users have them.  As for packaging up
all of your code into one file see PAR* and PAR::Packer**.  You should
be able to include the Oracle client libraries inside the file
PAR::Packer creates.  You should also look at the DBI*** and
DBD::Oracle**** if you haven't already.

* http://par.perl.org/wiki/Main_Page
** http://search.cpan.org/~smueller/PAR-Packer-0.976/lib/PAR/Packer.pm
*** http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.58/DBI.pm