Hi all,
I'm trying to get the follwoing to work:
what I am aiming to do is the following:

1. Read a file
2. Regex the df file and look for the line which contains "Used".

Problem:
- part 1 reads the file, confirmed, because I output this to the screen
- Part 2 Is where the problem is, as I connot get in to the while loop
while ($line = <DATA>)

I think the syntax is ok, could some one confirm this

Code below.
Thanks in Advance
Pat

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

my $data_file = 'df.';
print "$data_file \n";

   # Open the file for reading.
open (DATA, "$data_file") or die "can't open $data_file $!";
my @array_of_data = <DATA>;

print "this is the file: \n";
print @array_of_data;
print "\n";

#chomp($line);
my $line;

while ($line = <DATA>)
{
   # any action here will be applied to each line of the file.
print "in While loop \n";
#       chomp($line);
        foreach my $line (@array_of_data)
        {
                # Start an if statement, the condition of which is
                # "If this particular line contains the word dangerous."

        if ($line =~ m/ Used/i)
                {
                # If the line contains "dangerous" then print the line out.
                print "This line contains the word dangerous: $line\n";
                } # End the if condition here.
        } # End the foreach loop here.

      }

close (DATA);