Xavier Noria wrote:
On Aug 24, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Dr.Ruud wrote:

"Chas Owens" schreef:

[$db_initiali.ed]
Unless you have some funky source filter installed that normalizes
spelling variants Perl is going to have a problem.

Yes, I like the idea:

  use autocorect;

I think there's an Acme:: module that did something like that, it used some heuristic (edit distance or whatever) and chose an already existing indentifier. Something like that. But I can't find it.

-- fxn

Actually, it was I problem I encountered on an international project.  The British
team spelled if initialise and the American, initialize.  We could fix it by search
and replace but since we didn't have control of either source, we had to redo the
s&r every time we got an update.  And neither team would do it since they had
other, more important items to finish first.  Sadly, the project was in C :(  In
Perl, we could have used:

*initialise = \$initialize;

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
 Shawn

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
 Aristotle

"If you think Terrans are comprehensible, you don't understand them."
 Great Fang Talphon