On 08/29/2007 04:41 AM, sivasakthi wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have used the  following code to print the log files. but nothing is
printed  even it doesn't show the warning message,  no prompt is
returned.
what is the mistake in code , could u help me to find the pbm???

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

use File::Tail;
my $file=File::Tail->new("/some/log/file/path"); while (defined(my $line=$file->read))
{
print "$line";
}

Thanks,
Siva

It works for me.

Maybe you want to change one of the intervals or timeouts for File::Tail. It could be that your log file is updated infrequently.