On Sep 9, 8:46 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ken Foskey) wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 16:52 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > How would I make a script that gets a list of all the computer names
> > and ip addresses, internal 192.168..., of the computers attached to my
> > wired network? Or is there a program that will do this already? Thanks
>
> Probably a reverse DNS lookup.  I would start with a search.cpan.org on
> DNS.
>
> --
> Ken Foskey
> FOSS developer

A reverse DNS lookup would find a name based on an ip address I want
something that finds all computer names (not login names) on a current
network. If a good way to do this there is not, then how would I find
the name of the computer from looking at all ip addresses
192.168.1.xxx. like how would I know that 192.168.1.105 is comp1 on my
network?