perllearner wrote:

> I am connected via a wireless network, and in internet explorer it is
> set to automatically detect settings for the LAN, when you say tell
> perl what that proxy is, how would I go about doing this? first
> finding the proxy, and the code to place it in my perl scripts

hi,

I'm a little confused. A perl script is only a script that do things
automaticly. What you mean is that the action that the script should do
takes not the result that you want. So the question is what you should
do with the script. Do you want only a CGI-act or do you want a
ftp-connection or the script should do a database-transaction or what
should the script do.

Regards,
Ruprecht Helms