Panda-X wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks for you help ! =)
>
> 2007/10/10, Matthew Whipple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

> Yes, that's a one mail file, and it's actually the source code for an email,
> plain text. Not the mail box.

There's actually little difference between a piece of mail and a mailbox
(essentially multiple pieces of mail), but that's off-topic.  E-mail is
something you may want to look into if you've taken on the roll of
somewhat of a mail administrator though (especially since it flies in
the face of .eml extensions).  I don't know much quick reference, but
www.imc.org may be a good place to start.  I was only asking to ensure
that multiple e-mails weren't being processed incorrectly.

> data in a standard mbox format or maildir setup (one or the other would
>
>> better suit the particular volume and rollback frequency you're dealing
>>

> Hmm... I am working on a Win32 platform, and I am talking to a remote Mail
> server, I can't take control to the mail server or touch the folders.

You don't need to touch the folders, nor would you want to, I was just
referring to leaving the processed e-mail untouched so it could be
resent directly.  The only thing to watch for if you're using a remote
mail server is to ensure that the mail is delivered the second time
rather than filtered out again.

> I don't understand... what's piping back?!  I am sorry that I don't familiar
> on
> pipes.

I was using pipe in the more generic sense of just sending the data back
to the module.  In this case it would be somewhat inaccurate as it would
be more input rather than any inter-process communication...should have
used "feed" it (nice ambiguous term).

> I don't modify the data, my only task is somewhat to put back the .eml
> ( mail content ) to the original recipient. Anymore clues ?

If you're processing valid e-mails (which they should be if they were
delivered in the first place), and the data isn't modified (check the
module settings), then the e-mail should be able to be submitted
directly to an SMTP (or local MTA though that doesn't seemingly apply
here) capable module (good ones should support handling of pre-generated
e-mail messages).

If you find yourself sending a lot of e-mails back a local delivery type
of solution would work better (e-mail isn't really supposed to go
backwards), but that's beyond this mailing list.