From: "Johnson, Reginald \(GTI\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am trying to ftp files to GDG dataset on a mainframe. Whenever I try
> this my put fails with
> "failed Requested action not taken: GDG name  conversion failed"
>

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use File::Copy cp;
> use Net::FTP;
> <snipped>
>         $ftp->put($logfile ,"SM.SCS.ADSM.LINUX.ACCTLOG(+1)" )
>                 or die "put of $logfile failed ", $ftp->message;

All I can think of is that the file name is not legal on the
mainframe. Though the message looks a bit strange for that. Could you
try to uploadthe file with some simpler shorter name?

If that doesn't help, ask the mainframe admins and/or come back and
tell us what kind of mainframe it is. (No, it will not be of any use
to me, but maybe there's someone around here who does have some
experience with those mainframes.)

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery