On Oct 23, 12:27 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ayesha) wrote:

> I was not in the right directory, but I learnt about forward and
> backward slashed also. Thanks to all who replied

Arg.  This is exactly what I was afraid of.  The post about forward vs
backwards slashes was wrong.  Do not follow it.  You should ALWAYS use
front slashes, regardless of Windows vs Unix.   The only thing in
Windows that requires backslashes is the cmd.exe or command.com
shells.  You are not using these shells when you write a Perl program.

Paul Lalli