Hello

I am getting a strange error where I am trying to split a string into an array. The string is a line obtained from doing a directory of a disk. The error message is:

Reference to nonexistent group in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/ Directory of C :\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Application Data\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\4 <-- HER
E .1/ at D:\Perl Scripts\remove_duplicate_files.pl line 56.

The line in where it happens is the line of code with the split.

Thanks,
Andrew

#
# Find all the files
#
@file_list = `dir c: /S`;

#
# Build the list of directories and files
#
$temp_index = 0;

$file_index = 0;

$directory_index = 0;

$dir_list_size = scalar(@file_list);

print $dir_list_size;
print "\n:";

while ($temp_index < $dir_list_size)
{
   chomp @file_list[$temp_index];

   print @file_list[$temp_index];
   print "\n";

   if (@file_list[$temp_index] ne "")
   {
      #
      #
      @parse_line = split(@file_list[$temp_index]);

      # $line_size = scalar(@parse_line);
      $line_size = 0;

      if ($line_size > 0)
      {
         #print @parse_line[0];
         #print "\n";

         #
         # Determine if this is a directory and if so add it to the
         # directory array and increment the index
         #
         if (@parse_line[1] eq "Directory")
         {
            #$directory_list = @parse_line[1];
            #$directory_index =$directory_index + 1;
            #print "is a Directory\n";
         }
         else
         {