John W.Krahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> After the module name, which has to be a bareword, must follow a
> *list*, which cannot be barewords.

My post had a typo in it .. again:
use Fcntl ':seek'; it should have said and in fact is how I have been
experimenting with it.

I'm not sure what I did wrong but I received no `bareword'
error/warnings so it wasn't from missing the single quotes.

>> fails if either SEEK_SET or SEEK_CUR are used in seek().  Whereas it
>> works as expected if SEEK_END is put into seek();
>
> It looks as if the SEEK_* constants are not being imported correctly.

Yeah must have been something like that but as mentioned, I received
no `bareword' error or warnings so not sure what it was.

I can't really tell now since I've edited that file repeatedly but
testing again now it works just fine using the SEEK_* constants.