Chas. Owens wrote:
On Jan 22, 2008 10:42 AM, Jonathan Mast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a perl module that extensively uses a variable named "$main", which
is apparently bound to the script that calls the library.

I can't find where the exact semantics of this automagic variable defined.
snip

There is no variable named $main unless you create it.  You may be
mistaking the main package in variables like $main::foo.

Or variables like $main'foo.

John
in short order.                            -- Larry Wall