On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:35:07AM -0800, rc wrote:

> I have to create a file with / in the name.  I have tried different
> techniques but keep getting errors.
>
> My file name also has & in it.
>
>  open(MYFILE, ">>", "confused&lost/.com")
>                 or die "2. Can't open MYFILE for writing: $!.
> Stopped";

I'm afraid that you don't, portably.  I presume you are on a unix based
system where a slash is not allowed within a filename.

You could create a directory called "confused&lost" with a file in it
called ".com", but that's about the closest you'll get.

> Thank you for the help.

You're welcome.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]