Anirban Adhikary wrote:
Dear List

Hello,

I have written the following code .............

use Data::Dumper;

%file = (14 => "GGG",
         11 => "AAA",
        101 => "EEE",
          1 => "TTT");

print Dumper \%file;

@arr1 = sort { $file{$b} cmp $file{$a} } keys %file; #the oldest entry lies
at the top position

print Dumper [EMAIL PROTECTED];

foreach $el(@arr1)
{

delete $file{$el};
print "The $el is removed from the sorted list"."\n";
@arr1 = sort { $file{$b} cmp $file{$a} } keys %file; #the oldest entry lies

perldoc perlsyn
[ SNIP ]
    If any part of LIST is an array, "foreach" will get very confused if
    you add or remove elements within the loop body, for example with
    "splice".   So don’t do that.

at the top position
print "After sorting the array elements are"."\n";
print Dumper [EMAIL PROTECTED];
}

---------------output ------------

$VAR1 = {
          '1' => 'TTT',
          '11' => 'AAA',
          '101' => 'EEE',
          '14' => 'GGG'
        };
$VAR1 = [
          '1',
          '14',
          '101',
          '11'
        ];
The 1 is removed from the sorted list
After sorting the array elements are
$VAR1 = [
          '14',
          '101',
          '11'
        ];
The 101 is removed from the sorted list
After sorting the array elements are
$VAR1 = [
          '14',
          '11'
        ];

In the last output I think the list is not sorted properly. How can I solve
this problem.

It is sorted properly, it's just that you are modifying the array @arr1 inside a foreach loop that iterates over that same array and you shouldn't do that.

John
in short order.                            -- Larry Wall