Thanks Justin...
Never worked with CGI...It's a new module for me...Digging it...Thanks
again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Hawkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 11:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Removing "+" in $ENV{QUERY_STRING}

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to build a webpage where I can enter hostname in a text box
and up on hitting the key this searches multiple .csv files and prints them
in the webpage itself. I am facing a problem with $ENV(QUERY_STRING} which
take "+" when the textbox is entered with spaces in the beginning or end.

> Tried to remove the starting and end spaces by
> s/^\s+// and s/\s+$// .Nothing works for me here. Am I doing any thing
wrong here?

> Can any one help me in removing the "+" in the printed value? Because of
this "+" in the variable my search does not work.

Many people have already dealt with the problems of parsing the CGI
environment variables. No need to re-invent that wheel :-)

Check out the 'CGI' module. The examples in the documentation will get
you started very quickly.

$ perldoc CGI

        - Justin

--