-----Original Message-----
From: Rodrick Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

looks like local user error are you sure the credentials your supplying
are correct?

Hi Rodrick,

The credentials I've configured in CPAN match the ones in my .netrc file
which allows me to login successfully from a command line. In addition I
took a look at CPAN.pm (the line referenced in the error was 2178):

 2177    unless ( $ftp->login("anonymous",$Config::Config{'cf_email'})
){
  2178      warn "Couldn't login on $host";
  2179      return;
  2180    }

Looks to me like "anonymous" is hard coded in there...unless I'm missing
something?

Is anyone else successfully using a username/password to log into cpan?

Thanks.

richf