Richard Lee wrote:

let's say I have

@someting = qw/1 2 3 4/;

@something2 = qw/110 11 12/;

@something3 = qw/20 30 40 50/;

and I get the name of array from regular expression match something like this from some other file

   $_ =~ /^(\S+) \s\s$/;

so, now $1 is either something or something2 or something3,

and if I wanted to do

something like

@bigarray{ @something } = split

how can use $1 to put it inside?

I was thinking something like

@bigarray{ @($1) } = split ??
but doesn't work..
can someone advice?

Hi Richard.

You started this thread with the post above. Now you're asking:

Richard Lee wrote:

> below is hash of hash?
> how do I dereference them (all of them)?
>

> $VAR1 = {
>          'number' => {
>                        'three' => '21',
>                        'five' => '23',
>                        'one' => 'number',
>                        'two' => '20',
>                        'four' => '22'
>                      }
>        };
> $VAR2 = {
>          'alpha' => {
>                       'e' => '103',
>                       'c' => '101',
>                       'a' => 'alpha',
>                       'b' => '100',
>                       'd' => '102'
>                     }
>        };

and I think all the posts in between haven't really helped very much as
you seem to be packing you input data into a hash structure and having
trouble unpacking it again.

If your method is wrong or unworkable then no amount of help to implement it will provide a solution. Furthermore,

May I ask you to please:

- Describe your input in as much detail as possible. Posting actual data
  would be ideal.

- Explain what result you want from that data

- Tell us what ideas you had about how to go about it. Real Perl code
  would be good, but please copy and paste rather than trying to
  describe what you have written

Then, I assure you, we will help you to the best of our abilities.

Rob