If you are calculating it your self and assuming you are intrested in the
ISO defenition of the week number: http://www.proesite.com/timex/wkcalc.htm

Of course there are modules on CPAN that do the same but then again, if all
you want to know is the number of the week it might be simpler to calculate
it rather then adding a module requirement to your perl code. (depends a bit
on how portable your code needs to be)

Regards,

Rob