On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Richard Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
>  Tried it but looks like I have them installed. perhaps they are old?
snip
>  libpcap-0.9.4-11.fc6
>  libpcap-devel-0.9.4-11.fc6
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# cat /etc/issue
>  Fedora Core release 6 (Zod)
snip

The latest version seems to be 0.9.8.  Also, your copy of Fedora is
behind by at least two (soon to be three) releases.  You may be better
off installing your version of Fedora's Net::Pcap:

yum install perl-net-pcap

In fact, given that you are not on the bleeding edge, I would suggest
using your distributions package manager to install Perl modules
rather than trying to use CPAN.  It will give you the following
benefits:

1. all dependencies (Perl and non-Perl) will be resolved
2. the version of the Perl module is known to work with everything
else on the system
3. it is possible to remove modules easily

Of course, there is a drawback: you may end up with an old version
that is missing the features/bugfixes you need

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net