Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Richard" == Richard Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Richard> Just out of curiosity to all perl experts in here...

Richard> how many times did you guys read entire perl FAQs ?

Every time one of you says something that sounds like a FAQ.

:-)

But seriously, I still skim the FAQ headlines about once a month (via "perldoc
perlfaq") to remind myself what's there. I also watch the changes to the FAQ
when a new release has come out so I know if there's been any simpler or more
advanced techniques for common problems.

And until you can say you know for sure that it's not a FAQ, you should be
skimming the FAQ headlines (if not the content) regularly as well.  Lots of
good stuff in there.  After all, we've had nearly two decades of accumulated
usage of Perl.

:-)

good to know.

perlfaq honestly is fairly hard to read in one sitting however as they cover a broad topic and when someone really needs it, it's hard to go through them or even think about what to type such as perldoc -f "how do i do XXXXX".. but I tried it few times and gave up and thought to myself.. "who in the hell would go over entire list of something like this ?"

Now I know what to do :-) thanks !!