Sharan Basappa wrote:
I have gone through the text-balanced doc and tried few examples
myself. Looks like I need
some help on this module usage and capabilities.
Basically the text I am trying to extract is embedded inside two
tokens (say {}),
but it can occur anywhere in the input text stream. I tried using extract_tagged
function, but that seems to succeed only if the text starts with the tag I am
specifying.
For example, the following example returns expected value (i.e. {abc}):

<snip>

$text = q{{abc}12345};
($extracted, $remainder) = extract_tagged($text, '{', '}');
print "$extracted \n";

The following example does not (difference is that $text does not
start with {):

<snip>

$text = q{12{abc}12345};
($extracted, $remainder) = extract_tagged($text, '{', '}');
print "$extracted \n";

You need a prefix pattern as the fourth argument, e.g. '[\w\s]+'

The other question I have is that I would like to use text-balanced
module to extract multiple
occurences of these strings that are tagged by these tokens. Is that possible?

Use the extract_multiple() function.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson