On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Richard Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
>  Can you tell me what extra benefit emacs will provide to perl programmar?
snip

In all seriousness, Emacs is very customizable.  If you take the time
to learn to use it properly it can be very handy; however, the lack of
availability (you can almost always find vi, even if it is a braindead
version) and the number of chorded-commands make it not worth the time
for me.  That and the fact that I actually like modal interfaces.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net