John Wilson wrote:

> Trying to install Net::SSLeay on Solaris 9 and I get the following
> message in the output:
>

> Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
> /m1/shared/perl/5.8.5-09/lib/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/Socket.pm line 373.
>
> Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4 at
> /m1/shared/perl/5.8.5-09/lib/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/Socket.pm line 373.
>

> I've googled parts of this error and get some indication it might have
> to do with dns problem, but as far as I know I have no dns problem.  Any
> advice?

My first guess is that you have a bug in your script. Please would you publish
it, and say what version of Perl you are using?

If you are certain that your program is OK then perhaps you need to update the
modules that Net::SSLeay depends on. But I doubt if there is a problem with
Socket itself, especially as it has compiled with no errors.

Finally, please tell us more about how you have installed the module. Did you
use CPAN and get no errors from the test phase?

Take a look at

  perldoc perlmodinstall

and see if that helps.

Rob