Hi Rob,

I have interpolated the server and the user name as in this:

/Win32::NetAdmin::UserGetAttributes("servername","myself",my $password,my $passwordAge,my $privilege,my $homeDir,my $comment,my
    $flags,my $scriptPath);
/
The only thing it shows is this:

/The homedir for the user is/

I tried with the IP as well, still no luck. What else can be done.

Thanks.

Rob Dixon wrote:
Gunwant Singh wrote:
I have written a small Perl script so to fetch information about the user. Here is the code:

/1    use strict;
2    use warnings;
3    use Win32::Netadmin;
4 Win32::NetAdmin::UserGetAttributes(my $server,my $userName,my $password,my $passwordAge,my $privilege,my $homeDir,my $comment,my
     $flags,my $scriptPath);
5    print "The homedir for the user is $homeDir\n";/

When I tried to run it, I got this:

/Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at C:\Documents and Settings\Myself\Desktop\code\mac-info.pl line 4. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at C:\Documents and Settings\Myself\Desktop\code\mac-info.pl line 4. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\Documents and Settings\Myself\Desktop\code\mac-info.pl line 5.
The homedir for the user is/

I am not sure, what is the problem. Can anyone help me on this?

You need to specify the server and user name.

Win32::NetAdmin::UserGetAttributes('', 'Rob',
  $password, $passwordAge,
  $privilege, $homeDir, $comment, $flags, $scriptPath);

HTH,

Rob