I'd recommend interfacing with R (http://www.r-project.org)

________________________________

From: Malka Cymbalista [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sun 22/06/2008 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; beginners@perl.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: graphics in perl

We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6 with
mod_perl 2.0.3.  Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)

We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting
capabilities.  We do most of our web programming in perl so I am looking for a
perl module that has the following features:
1. ability to create histograms
2. ability to create x,y plots
3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text

Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look into?

Thanks for any information.

--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science