Hi all,

   I have two files,one is label file,another is thickness file, they are one
to one correspondence, for example:
   the label file is :          2     2     3      2      1     3     4     5
  2     5     1     4  ......
   the thickness file is:    0.3  0.8   0.2   0.1   2.4   0.9  3.2  0.2   0.1
0.3   2.1   2.3 ......
 Now I want to calculate  the sum and mean thickness of the same labeled,  just
like this:
   label 1 : 2.4
   label 2 : (0.3+0.8+0.1 +0.1)/4
   label 3 : (0.2+2.4)/2
   label 4 : (3.2+2.3)/2
   label 5 : (0.2+0.3)/2
and then there is also a index [3  4] to select the label, so in the end ,I
want to get the sum and mean of  (0.2+2.4)/2,  (3.2+2.3)/2.

I'm a beginner to perl, and don't know how to implement this with perl,could
you give me some suggestion? thanks in advance!

bin lv

2008-06-26

The Key Lab of Complex Systems and Intelligence Science,
Institute of Automation,
Chinese Academy of Sciences.