Hi John,

I am not only expanding a variable but also using that expanded variable as
a key to ultimately find the value. That's why I need "e".

Secondly, inside text that is to be substituted, I can use \1 as well. And
moreover, for this, I don't need double quotes. If i purposefully
incorporate double quotes, then I need $1.

Regards,
Amit Saxena